4 reviews for Karo Karounde Liquid 100%
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
€12.50 – €80.00
Adam Michael has this to say “The opening notes of this Karo Karounde Liquid 100% are warm, floral, waxy, and oriental, with a tang of steamed chocolate-orange pudding. Great intensity, the warmth glows and intensifies throughout. A sweet hue of gardenia appears in the middle with a delicate breeze of ylang ylang and jasmine flowers playing harmoniously together. Mild tuberose notes after the hour mark lead me to detect notes reminiscent of narcissus, again warm, but with a distinctive sweet nutty nuance. Plus I detect soapy aspects I find in jasmine sambac and champaca absolutes. Whilst this material is an all-natural compound I think it is still worth noting what Arctander has to say about the actual absolute as it is very hard to distinguish between this material and the absolute – which is seldom rare produced and of which is acquired mostly on contract by the major perfume houses.”
Arctander has this to say “The absolute of Karo Karounde gives very interesting effects in hyacinth, gardenia, stephanotis and tuberose bases and it can be used in a multitude of other heavy-floral or Oriental floral perfumes.”
This is a masterpiece material from a highly esteemed Grasse based producer. Whilst the exact recipe so to speak is proprietary information this karo karounde liquid 100% is an all-natural compound creation that delivers the beauty one can expect from karo karounde absolute material (Leptactina senegam) at a fraction of the price.
VINCENT GAMBINO (verified owner) –
One of my favorites, it gives you so many incredible possibilities, both in feminine and masculine direction. Remember Timbuktu by l’Artisan Perfumer? So it means, think Vetiver, leather, Osmanthus or Poplar Buds, Vanilla, or White Blossoms and Ylang… It is for me a wonderfull replica and a perfect “Exoticizer”…
KimRiccelli (verified owner) –
Exquisite material. Note wise, it is very accurately described by Adam. The chocolate-orange pudding note is addictive, and keeps me coming back for more. Aside from being a nearly complete perfume its own right, it offers such a wide range of possibilities that it ends up inspiring one to create constantly. That, to me, is priceless.
M (verified owner) –
This is an absolutely gorgeous stuffs.
– It reminds me of Bakula flower (Mimusops elengi). Adam, get that oil for us too. It will put Jasmines (grandi. and off.) to shame.
– Initially, there are hints of very ripe apple and pears – especially pear’s is more pronounced.
– Hint of tanginess when I breath-in for longer than usual. I can also sense the humming tuberose, jasmines (common jasmine and Motia) in the background.
– Within 2-3 minutes, the tuberose, honey becomes quite clear.
– It gets sweeter every minute. After 25-30 minutes, it smells like a combination of honey, tuberose and jasmines, with gentle hint of gardenia.
– The tuberose facet lasts very long on my skin – 2 hours+
– The sweetness have some similarities with that of vanilla.
Whitney S. (verified owner) –
In combination with the Gardenia Absolute (which I am patiently awaiting to be back in stock 😉 ), the Karo Karounde is great material for providing richness. Sweet, tangy and mouthwatering, like closing your eyes and imagining soaking up the sun on a tropical island.